Monday, January 22, 2007



EXECUTED


Carlos Granados
DOB: 09-18-70
Executed: January 10, 2007 06:21 p.m. CST by Lethal Injection in Texas
Summary: Georgetown police went to the apartment of Katherine Jiminez and found Katherine and her three year old son, Anthony, on the floor. Katherine had been stabbed approximately 30 times and Anthony had been stabbed to death with a long kitchen knife. Katherine survived and later testified that following an argument her live-in boyfriend, Carlos Granados, he stabbed her repeatedly. Granados then left the room, and Katherine heard Anthony scream, “I don’t want to die. Don’t kill me. I don’t want to die.” Stabbed in the chest, Anthony died moments later. When Katherine’s family became worried that they had not heard from her, they contacted police, who forced their way inside. On entering the apartment, officers saw Granados with a large kitchen knife covered in blood. The officer ordered Granados to release the knife, but Granados told police, “Shoot me, just shoot me.” Granados eventually dropped the knife and was handcuffed.

Final/Special Meal: Fried chicken, pizza and a soft drink.
Final Words: "Kathy, you know I never meant to hurt you. I gave you everything and that's what made me so angry. But I never meant to hurt you. I'm sorry."

No comments: