Monday, January 22, 2007

EXECUTIONS IN AMERICA

For many years now I have studied the history of executions in America. I've researched the methods of execution along with the execution process. The subject of execution is about as controversal as abortions. Some people believe that two wrongs dont make a right. Some people believe that no one should "play" god. Some people believe that the death penalty is a deterrant; which has been proven wrong. Some people just believe in the ole "Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth" motto. I must say that I have been on both sides of the arguement. If one of my family members committed a crime I would want he or she to have a second chance. If a criminal is innocent I would like to think that he or she would found not guilty; which isnt always the case. These are thoughts that make me feel like execution is wrong. On the other hand, there are people in the world who have committed heinous crimes; crimes that make you want say "off with his head."

What if I were innocent and on death row? I would want to be freed! What if I were brutally raped and tortured? My family would want justice!
First, every crime should be investigated to the fullest extent.
Second, the punishment should fit the crime!
On that note, I have decided to post all executions in America as they are carried out. Since the beginning of the year there have been three executions, which I have posted below.

You be the judge!!

No comments: