Friday, January 12, 2007

NIGGA GOING AWAY

Now I'm pretty sure that you all are wondering who is going to jail. Well no one is going to jail but word on the City Streetz is that Ebony and Jet magazine will refrain from printing the word. Bryan Johnson, vice president and editorial director of Johnson Publishing Co. says “The N-word” has been swung like a clumsy nightstick by Whites for years, trying to demean, dehumanize and destroy the dignity of Black Americans.”

I have to agree with Mr. Johnson on the meaning of the word Nigga, although in the hood the word "Nigga" can be a beautiful thing.
Example: "Whats up my nigga?" "Give me love my nigga!" Anyway, I respect the fact that two of the top Black mags are steppin up and taking responsibility for what they are printing and promoting. On that note I think I may take a step in tryin to clean up my vocabulary. Do you guys really think I'll clean up my vocabulary?.... NIGGA PLEASE!!!

1 comment:

FOL said...

You should.
At least we still have the word "aint", lol.