Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Miss Jones Vs New York


Recently I had the privilege of listening in on the the Hot 97 interview with Ny and Miss Jones and I must say that Ny disappointed me. Now Miss Jones is the most pitiful ass person on radio in my opinion. Miss Jones hit the airwaves on rapper Az's single "Sugar Hill." Now we all know that Sugar Hill was one of the hottest summer tracks back in the nineties, which helped Miss Jones get recognition. After this track rotated itself into the ground we were all waiting for Miss Jones to drop a hot album. Well the album dropped and let me tell you; I cant even remember the name of the album or the single that dropped. She even had a video for the single and I still don't recall the name of it. My point is that her shit flopped and then she disappeared for YEARS until she resurfaced as a radio personality on Hot 97. At first her personality was cool, but then she started showing her true colors. Miss Jones is a washed up R&B singer (and she doesn't even deserve that title) who is bitter about the fact that her singing career went to hell. She could have been right up there with Mary J Blige because they both launched their careers in the same era, but instead her job is to interview successful R&B singers like Mary and she is NOT happy about it! Miss Jones, it must suck to be YOU! Lmao. Anyway, I think I made it clear at how much a despise Miss Jones.

Now about the interview...
Ny disappointed me very much. As spunky as Ny may be on Tv she let Miss "washed up" Jones play her on the radio. Miss Jones made Ny look like a straight liar while millions of people listening. Ny I know the show is over and you have your knight and shining armor but you gotta step ya game up boo. You're losing ya swagger!

Here's the Hot 97 interview, along with the video "Sugar Hill."

No comments: